We describe the Analyst position at Sightlines as a challenging yet rewarding role, and we are recruiting for our winter/spring class. The best Analysts excel in an environment where they are challenged to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks effectively and accurately.
- We expect each Analyst to fully understand the complexity of Sightlines’ core service, the Return on Physical Asset (ROPA) model, so the Analyst role has a steep learning curve. We grow as a company when our employees embrace this learning culture and continue to move our thinking forward.
- Sightlines updates its database comprising over 450 colleges and universities annually. Within this fast-paced team environment, Analysts must be accurate as well as efficient to ensure we deliver the most qualified data to our members.
- Each Analyst will be responsible for multiple projects concurrently. The ability to multi-task effectively requires exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
- Manage data collection for multiple members
- Data collection includes gathering data pieces from primary contacts, hosting
- Discovery meetings with clients and performing campus walk-throughs
- Data entry and analysis of collected data
- Work with Project Leads and Account Managers to create and fine-tune presentations
- Assist in delivering presentations to members
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical skills – the ability to have numbers “tell a story”
- Proven success working in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel up to 40%
- Sightlines is unable to provide OPT sponsorship for this job
Why is this a rewarding position?
Ownership of Projects: Analysts are responsible for all data management, critical thinking, and story-crafting for each of their projects. By working on projects from start to finish, you have the opportunity to learn and develop professionally from the first day you walk on campus to the final presentation delivered to the President or Board of Trustees.
Collaborative Environment: Sightlines is a dynamic, collaborative company. Working jointly with our coworkers enables us to solve problems, implement new ideas, improve our products, learn from each other and enhance our office environment.
Professional Development Opportunities: Like any good investor, Sightlines is dedicated to growing the value of our best asset: our employees. We have a clearly designed ladder for growth in the Analyst track and are committed to rewarding quality work. Our company culture encourages learning and providing regular feedback to promote growth.
What is a typical day as an Analyst? Every day is different!
- Up to 40% travel
- Hosting campus visits: Discovery meetings with clients, campus walk-throughs, presentation delivery to campus leadership
- Fulfilling office responsibilities, which include processing and analyzing data
- Communicating with campus representatives and teammates to understand the institution and its data
- Answering these questions: What story do the numbers tell? What campus problems can the data help solve?
- Developing presentations to communicate the campus story, suggest strategic plans and cultivate engagement in Sightlines’ recommendations
Sightlines, is a Gordian company, that facilities advisory firm focused on helping colleges and universities increase operating effectiveness and optimize capital investments. Since 2000, our consulting solutions have helped over 450 campuses in the United States and Canada including half of the top 100 universities in the nation and more than half of the top 100 liberal arts institutions. Our services are founded on rigorous measurement, benchmarking and analysis, which - when combined with the industry’s largest database of financial and facilities data and critical thought leadership – help our higher education clients make critical decisions about the future of campus facilities.
Gordian is the world’s leading provider of construction cost data, software and services for all phases of the construction lifecycle. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, Gordian delivers groundbreaking solutions to contractors, architects, engineers, educational institution stakeholders, facility owners and managers in the local, state and federal government, education, healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, legal, retail and other industries. With our proprietary data, along with our RSMeans and Sightlines data, we offer the largest collection of labor, material and equipment data and associated costs in the world with over 275,000 construction tasks with costs for all areas of construction. Gordian also offers the most widely used construction procurement information management software available anywhere and cutting-edge facilities intelligence and life cycle costing software to assess initial installed costs versus long-term facility costs and improve long-term asset performance.We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, HSA, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE M/F